Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Newspaper Reflection

For this project, My group and I had a lot of complications. For starters, for about half of the project, we were missing at least one member every day. This was hard because we had to communicate through email, and rely on each other to work on our own.

The most obvious thing that I contributed to our newspaper is the article I wrote on my own. I feel like that is what I spent most of my time working on during this project and I worked very hard on it. I tried to make it as professional and news-style writing as much as possible and to have it be as clear as it could be. Another thing that I contributed, that isn't evident as my article, is I critiqued and corrected both of my group members articles before they were published. This helped our newspaper be professional and as correct as possible.

I would have liked to have a stronger title and picture caption for my article. I was pressed for time to complete my article and my extras for my article that I didn't have enough time to make it as good as it could have been. I spent more time working on my article, and not enough time working on the other aspects.

My process consisted of a lot of school working with not enough time outside of school devoted to working on this project. If I were to do this project again, I would spend more time outside of class, especially since I was absent a few of the days. Although I didn't work on my project outside of school, this shows that I worked efficiently in class because I was able to produce a high quality piece of work in the allotted time.

No comments: