Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogicon 9/19/08

What are you most proud of on your blog? Why?
Throughout my blogs there are many things for me to feel proud of. One thing that I’m proud of, although it isn’t a common problem for me, but I still feel accomplished whenever I am able to turn a high quality piece of work that was done within the given time. I feel accomplished whenever I am able to turn in, what I feel, is my best writing and piece of work. The blog that I feel has the most information, and portrays how I feel the best is my blog about freedom of speech within a classroom. Because it is an issue I feel strongly about, I was able to write a more personal blog, instead of only stating the facts. Another goal of mine throughout this project was to keep a common template for all of my entries. I want my blogs to be recognized, and to be known that they were written by me. I feel like I achieved them to look uniform, with the image in the same spot, and with they way my writing is. I start with a recap of what I feel are the most important aspects of the article, and then I go on to state my beliefs on it, a class connection, and a personal connection. I feel that this is important not only to make the blog look nicer, but it also gives a sense of character to my blog.

How can we better connect our blogs?
I feel like we can better connect our blogs by working on them in groups or partners together. If we co-write them together, the viewers of our blogs will be able to get different viewpoints and opinions on the different subjects. Some ways we can do this would be to pick the same article/topic, and individually write our blogs on them. Another way we could do this would be to have a blog entry written, and then have someone else go back, read the article and the blog entry, and write there own.

How has blogging impacting your understanding of the US, the media, current events and " old news?"

Blogging has helped me be aware of what is going on throughout of Country and the world by reading the news at least two times a week. I now know what is going on in the world, and it is more relevant to me how we are letting history repeat itself. Blogging has helped me understand the " old news" such as the constitution, federalist papers etc. by showing my current examples. By having to find my own examples, it has also corrected my understanding.


No comments: