Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Internship!

1. What do you hope to learn or discover about the "adult" world of work while you are at your internship?

At internship, I hope to learn and discover about how different the "real world" is from the world I have grown accustom to here at school. Since I've never had a job, and I don't have a lot of experience working only with adults, I am interested to see if what I am learning here at school is related, and helped ease the transition into the adult world. I'm also interested in learning about what specific personality traits and qualities are a positive attribute when working in the adult world.

2. What do you hope to learn or discover about yourself and your identity while you are at your internship this semester?

Throughout this semester, I hope to learn a lot about myself as a person, as a learner, and as a group participant. I want to see if the skills I apply daily at school are needed and useful in the adult world. I want to know also if the work I produce at school is high enough quality to be published in the real world. Also, I'm curious to learn if when put in an environment where everyone is pulling their own weight, do I still go that extra mile to complete the project. I want to know if I am better at working with a group or working individually within a group. I also am curious to see what work I can come up with when I am assigned a specific project to do.

3. What goals do you have for yourself for your internship experience?

- To produce high quality work that my teachers, mentor, the company I am interning for, as well as my self are proud of.
- To balance and manage my time wisely so all of the work needed to be done can be completed on time and in an efficient manor.
- To keep a positive attitude throughout my internship experience, regardless if that reflects the way I am feeling.
- To make the most out of my internship by asking questions to my mentor and also to others working in the building.

No comments: