Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election 2008 Reflection

Personally, I am fine with the results of the election. I didn't have a strong opinion on which candidate i wanted for president because I agreed and disagreed with all of their views. I also believe that both candidates will have there flaws, and make decisions that not everyone will agree with. When it comes to making important decisions like that, unless I have a strong opinion, I have a neutral opinion. My hopes for this country is that we get our of the situation we have adapted to. I hope we get out of our war, out of debt to other countries and our of our failing economy. I know it won't happen over night, but each day we can make process towards it. My concerns for this country is that Barak Obama was elected president because he was different, and a change of pace, rather that what he believes in.

My humanities class has taught me to realize what is going on in the world around me. By looking at the news more often than I did before, I am more aware of what is going on. I am looking at the news to relate it to U.S. History, for my blogs, to be more educated, and to keep up what is going on with the election and the proposed propositions. My knowledge of what happened during the elections was that while watching I felt like i knew what was going on, and what the race to 270 meant. If we didn't discuss it in class, I wouldn't have known what i meant and how significant it was.

No comments: