Friday, November 7, 2008

H20 Project

For our calender, I have a few inspirations. I'm mainly basing my calender to look similarly to the calender produced by the biology class from High Tech High last year. Their calender includes a balance of photography, informational paragraphs, the tide calender, and important dates through out the year relating to the environment.



Some aspects I want to incorporate are the facts they used. They have strong paragraphs that give you a good overview of the picture, and the researched they determined. It isn't all text but by reading it you learn a lot. There is a good balance of negative space with the text therefor the text isn't overwhelming.

Another thing I like that I want to incorporate into my calender is the use of multiple pictures. It isn't just a main picture, with a paragraph, and a calender. There are smaller pictures that relate to the main image by being from a different angle or providing something similar.

One last thing I want to incorporate into my calender that I'm referencing from this calender is the use of environmental holidays on the calender. I want to take what they have, which is the standard earth day, and day of humanity and stretch it out. I want to include important beach clean up days, and other days that relate to the theme of our calender. I think this is a good idea because along with the typical calender holidays, our viewers will also become more educated on environmental holidays.
-------------------------------------






As I begin to start thinking about what I want to photograph, I looked through different websites to find inspiring photography. What I have found, is the pictures I remember the most are the most intriguing pictures. Photographs with an interesting subject or a cool use of lighting is what i remember after Ive moved on from this pictures. Both of these Images are taken from San Diego Bay/ Imperial Beach, and its more than just a picture of the beach, or a picture of the San Diego Skyline. This helps me by showing me there are many more options of which to choose from when taking my pictures.

No comments: