Thursday, February 26, 2009

Internship Imersion

1. What are you most excited about in regards to your immersion experience? Why do you feel this way?
I'm excited to be at internship for a longer amount of time. I'm going to be given the opportunity to attend meetings that I wouldn't have been able to, and attend more brainstorming sessions. I will also be able to work on different projects which I enjoy very much. I'll be able to connect more with my mentor and other employees at my internship. Since I'm not there for very long, and everyone is in the office at different times, I don't know everyone, or what they do.

2. What are you most concerned about (what causes the most stress) regarding immersion? Why do you feel this way?
I'm most concerned about not having enough interesting tasks to do, and since I have a lot of time there, I will be stuck doing jobs I don't want to do. I've been very fortunate with my internship to do a lot of projects that benefit other jobs, and tasks that aren't tedious tasks. I've done a lot of writing, and research. I'm concerned that since I will be there for so long, I might get bored. Seven hours a day is a long time to be at internship. I really enjoy being at internship and because it's so much time, I'm worried I will loose interest in it.

No comments: